Tivù Premieres the First HbbTV 2.0.1 Application: tivùon!
Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs are proud to present the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017.
The tivùon! App, that is owned by Tivù, will be showcased at stand nr. 5.B48e. Anyone interested in the next generation of interactive applications for TV broadcasting and OTT services (broadcasters, service providers, app developers, and device manufacturers) will be able to use and experience the tivùon! App. The official launch of the tivùon! App in the Italian market will be in Q4 2017 on tivuon! certified Samsung HbbTV devices.
The main features of the tivùon! App are:
- 7 days EPG —> “Plan your TV viewing for the coming week”
- 7 days catch up —> “Watch programmes from the last 7 days, whenever it suits you”
- Showcase (“scelti per te”) —> “The best picks of what to watch from live TV and on demand”
- Search —> “Easily find your favourite programmes”
The tivùon! App has an embedded player for catch up and VOD services, which allows the playback of streamed content directly from the broadcaster’s CDN (instead of launching a different player for each broadcaster) resulting in a richer and more consistent user experience.
The tivùon! App presents an innovative graphic design optimized for HD, UHD, and 4K screens. The tivùon! App is a securely protected application compliant with the Italian tivùon! ecosystem requirements (CPAS 2.0.1 – Content Protection and Application Security) protecting HbbTV applications, DASH and Marlin DRM content.
Tivù and Yotta Media Labs will also be demonstrating the next version of the tivùon! App that integrates Samsung’s HbbTV 2.0.1 companion screen features with iOS and Android devices. These features will be available to Italian customers from Q1 2018.
The integration of the companion screen standards into the tivùon! App is a paradigm shift in the viewer’s experience, driven by the new features:
- Remote control, to better interact with the tivùon! App
- Synchronized bookmarking and watch list
- Playback of content on first and companion screen